Providing individual and couple therapy.
Treatment Issues may include but are not limited to the following:
- Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Grief Counseling (including complicated grief--loss of a child, loss of a spouse or close friend, death of a parent, etc.)
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Adjustment to "life stage" transitions, such as into college life, entering the job market, career development, marriage, parenting, marital separation or divorce, helping elder parents
- Therapy for Adult Survivors of Abuse (such as molestation, childhood emotional or physical abuse, rape, date rape)
- Adjustment to physical health issues/cancer/disability/end of life issues
- Couples Counseling for Pre-Marital Counseling, Marital Counseling, or Decision Making Therapy if considering Divorce.
- Adoption Support (before, during and later in life)
- Infertility Issues, or loss of a pregnancy
- Transpersonal Psychology for individuals seeking guidance in spiritual development, or "spiritual emergency" as described by Stanislov Grof, M.D.
- On the legal advisement of my association, I DO NOT SIGN EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL OR COMPANION ANIMAL FORMS UNLESS I have diagnosed the client as disabled, have worked with them for a minimum of 6 months on a weekly basis so I understand their NEED for an Emotional Support Animal, and believe it is necessary for the client's function. If this is the case it usually also requires (by me) that the client see a psychiatrist for evaluation and possible medication management. However, I do love animals. Try researching EAS or CA (Emotional Support Animal or Companion Animal) online, or go to the Primary Care Physician/Psychiatrist who diagnosed you as disabled for assist with this issue.
I offer a comfortable, safe, and supportive atmosphere. My approach is personalized to each of my client's individual needs to help attain the personal growth they are striving for. While recognizing that we are doing what I call "Soul Work," and honoring and respecting each individual, I also strive to maintain a sense of humor, and do my best to bring some lightness and joy to each session.